October Two for One $99 Promotion: Purchase any Minnesota Multi-State Permit to Carry Class during the month of October and you may either: Bring a guest for free (register your guest at time of class) OR receive a free Utah or Florida Multi-State Permit upgrade! Purchase this before the end of the month for any class on any future date.
- This event has passed.
DNR Hunter Safety Course (July Session)
July 15 at 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Important: Students who register for the July Session are required to attend ALL FOUR classes on the following *dates:
- Monday, July 8 • 6:00pm – 9:00pm (Classroom Training)
- Tuesday, July 9 • 6:00pm – 9:00pm (Classroom Training)
- Monday, July 15 • 6:00pm – 9:00pm (Classroom Training)
- Tuesday, July 16 • 6:00pm – 9:00pm (Field Experience Day)
*If you have a scheduling conflict for any of the four dates, please call Mike Briggs at 612-644-8864 to schedule make up arrangements for any missed training.
- DNR Firearms Safety Certification is required of anyone born after December 31, 1979 to purchase a hunting license in Minnesota.
- Youth ages 11 and older can attend a firearms safety certification course and receive their certificate. The firearms safety certificate will become valid at age 12.
About the DNR Hunter Safety Course:
- This is a firearms safety course that consists of a minimum of 12 hours of classroom training which will cover the safe handling of firearms, hunter responsibility and wildlife conservation. Students then complete an additional field experience day.
- The field experience consists of seven required scenario-based training opportunities. These scenarios allow students to learn and demonstrate commonly accepted principles of safety in hunting and the handling of firearms (including shooting a .22 caliber rifle on a range.)
- After successful completion of the DNR Hunter Safety Course, each student will receive their Firearms Safety Certification.
Visit the MN DNR’s website for additional info on state hunting and firearm safety regulations